Truvada and Descovy for PrEP; you now have another option in prevention.
PrEP is a prevention strategy that helps protect against HIV.
PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) means taking prescription medicine to help prevent HIV infection before you come in contact with HIV. It’s one pill, taken once a day, every day to reduce your risk of getting HIV-1 through sex.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend PrEP for people at risk of getting HIV as part of a complete HIV prevention plan.
DESCOVY for PrEP™
DESCOVY for PrEP™ is the newest option to help prevent HIV.
DESCOVY for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) is a once-daily prescription medicine to reduce the risk of getting HIV-1 infection in adults and adolescents who weigh at least 77 pounds. It is not known if DESCOVY® is effective in reducing the risk of getting HIV-1 from certain types of sex.
TRUVADA for PrEP®
TRUVADA for PrEP® (pre-exposure prophylaxis) is a prescription medicine that can help reduce the risk of getting HIV-1 through sex, when taken every day and used together with safer sex practices.
- TRUVADA for PrEP is only for people who are at risk of getting HIV-1 and weight at least 77 pounds.
- You must be HIV-negative before you start taking TRUVADA for PrEP
- TRUVADA for PrEP does not prevent other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or pregnancy.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a course of HIV drugs taken by HIV-negative people to reduce their risk of contracting HIV infection. Truvada PrEP is available in our local area at Carolina Health Care Centers. Contact: Shantate Morton at 864-992-4090 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) is a daily pill
- Up to 99% effective at preventing HIV
- Affordable with or without insurance
- Not for those already living with HIV
For More Information about Stop The Virus, visit their website at https://www.helpstopthevirus.com.