At USCS, we recognize all clients are unique. Our caring Medical Case Management team is here to assist you in developing the best approach to managing your HIV or related life-threatening condition. Your social worker will assess your medical and non-medical needs on an on-going basis to ensure you are receiving the most appropriate care.
To book an appointment with a Medical Case Manager, please contact the main office at 800-604-4045. Same day appointments will be prioritized by the severity of the situation (i.e. pending homelessness, medication crisis, etc.). In order to begin the process for case management please bring proof of HIV Status. We will also need documented proof of residency and income, however, if you don’t have those documents yet, we can still begin the screening process. Just be aware that not having your proof of residency and income can slow down some of the processes for connecting you to other programs and services. For more information about Ryan White and Global HIV/AIDS programs, please visit www.hab.hrsa.gov.
Here is the basic process of case management:
- A brief screening is completed to assess needs for services.
- Once the need for the service is determined, an overview of case management is provided, along with the opportunity to enroll.
- An intake is conducted to address client needs and accomplish the prioritized goals.
- Clients are linked and referred to the appropriate services based on the needs of the client. We focus on ensuring that clients have access to medical care and are continuing their medical care treatment, but we know that there may be other issues present that may be hindering access so we help to try alleviate those issues that may be a barrier to clients’ access to care and treatment.
- Once enrolled, clients must verify their participation in primary care at least every 6 months, and income and residency are also reassessed for ongoing eligibility.
The Medical Case Manager and client maintain regular contact to work...
Your Medical Case Manager will also link you to any resources you may qualify for, including:
- Medication Assistance Programs
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Food Pantry
- Prescription Care
- Prescription Assistance
- Dental Care
- Mental Health Counseling
- Part C – through New Horizon
- Community Awareness